“I liked sports since I was young. I did ballet, swimming, hiking, and short track speed skating.”
“We worked hard to make good memories and participated in it with a happy heart.”
“My biggest strength is that I have experience as an announcer and a reporter.”
“You have to be able to love yourself and others with an unpretentious personality and a good heart.”
“There are many people who hesitate to challenge themselves because they are afraid of failing. But if you don’t do anything, nothing happens. Even if you try and fail, there will be something you will gain in the process.”
It is an honor to present from South Korea the beauty and talent of SeulJi Yoo, International Model , Beauty Queen, Mrs Globe Choice of the People 2022 and TOP10 – Mrs South Korea Globe 2022. SeulJi gives me an unmissable interview and is my first guest from South Korea. The natural beauty of SeulJi Yoo is the first South Korean ambassador of our global talent magazine.
Welcome SeulJi Yoo!!!
1.- Seulji, you were born in South Korea, What do you like about your hometown in South Korea? What are your hobbies?
– Korea is located at the eastern end of the Asian continent and is surrounded by the sea on three sides: east, west and south. It also has beautiful topography and distinct four-season characteristics. Recently, K-CONTENT such as K-POP and K-DRAMA has been in the spotlight more than ever. At the root of this Korean Wave craze are brilliant cultural world heritages such as ‘Changdeokgung Palace’ and the world’s first metal type printed book ‘Jikji Simche Yojeol’, ‘Hunminjeongeum’, and ‘Ssireum’. ‘Hanbok’, a traditional costume of its own, is also indispensable. The combination of straight lines and curves boasts a splendid and elegant appearance. So Korea has all the ingredients including ‘K-Heritage’.
– I liked sports since I was young. I did ballet, swimming, hiking, and short track speed skating. Since I hurt my back a few years ago, I have been trying to rehabilitate myself and build a healthy body through health. Also, I enjoy eating or talking with my loved ones.
2.- What makes you laugh a lot or does it give you a lot of joy?
– It’s my family that gives me joy. When I’m with my family, I forget the stress and hard work I’ve had outside, and I’m full of laughter. Especially, my sister imitates others or speaks funny like a comedian. So when I talk to my younger sister, I laugh so excitedly that I cry.
3.- International Model , Beauty Queen, Mrs Globe Choice of the People 2022 and TOP10 – Mrs South Korea Globe 2022 , When do you decide to take your first steps as a model and beauty pageants? What feeling do you have achieving your dreams, your passions and being a recognized influencer woman today?
– I used to get the joy of challenging and achieving things since I was young. But pageant is an area that I didn’t usually think of. I didn’t think I could be a beauty queen because I wasn’t tall. However, two years ago, a post happened to be posted on SNS that it was recruiting Korean Agent participants. When I saw that the purpose of the competition was good not only to promote the country but also to increase women’s human rights, and that height and age were irrelevant, I thought, “This must be participated,” and I applied right away. We worked hard to make good memories and participated in it with a happy heart. Like the saying that it is hard to beat the person who enjoys it, I became the winner, and I was able to get good results by going to Mrs. Globe as a Korean national team. But I think it’s too early to say it’s recognized. There are so many great people in the world and I’m trying to achieve my next dream without stopping here. I will work hard to show you better performances in the future.
4.- What do you think is the distinctive, unique stamp of Seulji in each activity carried out as a person and model?
– My biggest strength is that I have experience as an announcer and a reporter. There are many beautiful and pretty people in the world, but I think it’s hard to compete with them. Since I have experience as an announcer and reporter, I can write a manuscript on my own and work in many ways, such as hosting an event.
5.- Whats is the main virtue that any woman must have to be an internacional model?
– As I said before, there are many beautiful and pretty people in the world. But I don’t think that alone will be an international model. The most important thing is inner beauty. You have to be able to love yourself and others with an unpretentious personality and a good heart. I hope you can fill your inner beauty for true beauty, too.
6.- Are you aware of being an influential woman for thousands of girls who want to be models? How important is it to you to be an idol for many girls and teenagers?
– First of all, I’d like to say thank you to many people for thinking that way. But I’m still wondering if I’m that kind of person. Teens are the most important time in life. Since it is a time when values are formed, it is important to play a role as a mentor who can give such influence. I will work harder to become such a mentor.
7.- What was your feeling the first time you modeled in front of a video camera? What did you feel the first time at a beauty pageant?
– I stood in front of the camera countless times as an announcer, but modeling made me feel different. I was able to feel the excitement of my heart beating after a long time in a while. It’s nervous and fierce, but there’s a lot to gain and you can feel the joy that only it gives. The same goes for beauty pageants. Especially, I think beauty contests should prepare a lot of things. Only those who have prepared many things such as speech, walking, and personality as well as appearance can become WINNER.
8.- What do you think about the power of social media today?
– The power of social media is enormous. Not only can we go beyond communicating through social media to make a person a star, but it also affects the institutions, cultures, and public thoughts of a country. It is also important for us to promote and brand ourselves through social media, but I think we should think about the power and be a little more careful when using social media.
9.- How do you like to interact with your followers on social media? Whats your favorite social media?
– My favorite social media is Instagram. Instagram is strong not only in photos but also in videos such as Reels. I interact with my followers on social media by tapping on each other’s hearts and posting comments. This is because when you are more interested in each other, it leads to a more memorable and good relationship.
10.- What would you advise young people who have talent but do not dare to take the next step? What would you advise parents who do not support their childrens talents?
– I tell them to try first. There are many people who hesitate to challenge themselves because they are afraid of failing. But if you don’t do anything, nothing happens. Even if you try and fail, there will be something you will gain in the process. I want to say this to parents who do not support their children’s talents. A child has a child’s life. Parents do not make a child’s life, but a child’s life is made by the main character as a child and the child. Please support us so that we can get good results.
11.- What important lessons have you learned from the world of fashion and beauty pageants?
– Only those who prepare can get good results. As I said before, there are many people who are simply pretty in appearance. But only those with walking, speaking, and inner beauty can be WINNER.
12.- Seulji, being a model for you has been easy? Were there obstacles? How did you overcome obstacles?
– I think my biggest obstacle is height. I’m not tall for a model. So I didn’t even think about challenging the pageant. But I found out after challenging the pageant that the world doesn’t need only tall models. Watching short people work hard as models, I thought that I should love myself more and build confidence. So I tried to express myself and promote myself more confidently on any stage.
13.- Have you thought about being an actress? Do you like the entertainment industry?
– Singing and dancing, but I have never thought of an actor. An actor is a very difficult job. I always have to live a life of a new character, because I think expressing a new character is awkward and difficult. The actors are amazing.
14.- Worldwide, women have acquired a greater role even though there are societies where they are still abused. What is your opinion of the role of women in the future in these societies?
– Women’s rights are rising, but discrimination and inequality remain. To make the world a better place, I would like to provide education that can increase women’s values and rights on their own and work on improving awareness to eliminate prejudice against women.
15.- Seulji, what is your motivation and what do you feel grateful for every day?
– I’m motivating myself and challenging myself to do new things every day with the mindset of doing everything I want to do in my once-in-a-lifetime life. And I’m thankful that I can live happily every day with that mind.
16.- Seulji, Do you like to travel? What countries do you know? What other countries would you like to know and which places do you recommend to visit from South Korea?
– I like to go to new places. I went to the United States and Greece by Mrs Globe pageant, and I went to Asia with my family such as Japan and China. I would like to visit Spain, Paris, Italy, and other countries in the future. The first place to visit in Korea is Seoul, the capital. In Seoul, you can see palaces and hanoks that contain the history of the Joseon Dynasty along with colorful buildings. Next, there is Jeju Island, where not only foreigners but also Koreans want to go the most. In addition, there are newly established Incheon Songdo, port city Busan, and Gyeongju, where a thousand years of history live.
17.- You and me (Jaime William) are going to play ping pong, I will tell you one word and you will answer with another word that comes to your mind.
– Marriage : Love
– Childrens : Future
– Love : trust
– South Korea : Me
– Travel : Refresh
– Abortion : Choice
– Dance : Happiness
– Sing : Life
– Europe : Art
– America : Freedom
– Sports : Excite
– Money : Power
– Parents : Love
– Dreams : Motivation
– Passion : Success
– Madness Percentage : Little
– Character : Development
18.- Seulji, these final lines are Your last words or advice
– I want to convey this message. Always love yourself so that negative feelings like comparing yourself to others don’t reach you. And listen to yourself and live a challenging life without giving up.
Interview conducted by Jaime William Mostacero Baca with SeulJi Yoo – South Korea
SeulJi Yoo Contact: Whatsapp
Interview authorized in writing by Whatsapp : SeulJi Yoo – Perumira – Jaime William
All Rights Reserved in the name of SeulJi Yoo – Perumira – Jaime William