“I believe laughter is crucial to embrace and to live every moment given to us, fully. It gives me great joy to be in the service of bettering someone else’s life in whatever way I am able to.”
“I have had a desire to have a voice on a global scale ever since I was a little girl. I started serving young people at the age of 18 and younger as I was in a school of missions…”
“In 2020 I took a leap of faith and entered Miss Namibia. Why? Because it is a great opportunity to advocate for change and the first step towards obtaining a voice on a global scale…”
“Everything In life boils down to one thing- one’s heart, I believe that my life has been challenged in multiple ways and that made me have a broad understanding of culture and people…”
“Practice what you love. Get training. Watch and learn from the best. Believe in yourself because God believes in you. Fan the flame of your dreams and keep them fanned. Never take defeat and the end all. Keep going. You grow when you face adversity.”
It is a great honor to present our CENTRAL DAY GUEST 8th ANNIVERSARY PERUMIRA.
From Namibia to its most beautiful queen Annerie Maré – Miss World Namibia 2021, model and international influencer.
Annerie gave me an unmissable interview and today we meet the young woman, her humility, joy, strength, energy, nobility and her impressive beauty, which make her one of the most beautiful women on the planet.
Welcome Annerie Maré!!!
1.- Annerie, you were born in Namibia, what do you like about your hometown in Namibia?
- A place where the lions roar and the giraffes walk…on one side you get the farmer, and on the other side the wild life. Diverse yet infused together. I was homeschooled. The 5th generation growing up on a farm near to a small town/village of only 6000 people surrounding. Our place surrounded by wildlife and nature – And I suppose that is what I am most in love with…even though it is a small town and we don’t have a lot of access to many basic things, this will always be my happy place.
2.- What are your hobbies? What makes you laugh a lot or does it give you a lot of joy?
- I am an adventurer. I love traveling and creating experiences with whatever opportunity I am blessed with. I love horseback riding, hiking and dancing. I believe laughter is crucial to embrace and to live every moment given to us, fully. It gives me great joy to be in the service of bettering someone else’s life in whatever way I am able to.
3.- International Model, Miss World Namibia 2021 When do you decide to take your first steps as a model and beauty pageants? What feeling do you have achieved your dreams, your passions and being a recognized influencer woman today?
- I have had a desire to have a voice on a global scale ever since I was a little girl. I started serving young people at the age of 18 and younger as I was in a school of missions. From the age of 18 til 26 I also had the privilege of traveling Asia, America and different places in Africa.
- Modeling – I never really thought of it. I have done some photo shoots here and there, but nothing major (yet). In 2020 I took a leap of faith and entered Miss Namibia. Why? Because it is a great opportunity to advocate for change and the first step towards obtaining a voice on a global scale. When I entered Miss Namibia, I knew nothing about pageantry! I have to walk a certain way, So many rules. But that’s exactly why it was so good for me. It kicked me out of my comfort zone…in style! This experience shaped me and also set the tone for my next big steps. I am so sincerely grateful for how this event in my life has unfolded. During my reign as Miss World Namibia, my biggest dream remained to become a world influencer. A woman with a voice, loud enough for the world to hear. I want to have conversations and find solutions that will end up making a big difference to society. I have never really realized how deeply rooted this dream was until after the pandemic hit and I was confronted to battle for my life with covid. We were all forced to isolate and be alone with ourselves… we were forced to face our fears and make some important and life altering decisions. I am still in awe of the exponential growth that I experienced…so much happened in such a short time. It was like a burst of growth!
4.- What do you think is the distinctive, unique stamp of Annerie in each activity carried out as a person and beauty queen?
- Everything In life boils down to one thing- one’s heart, I believe that my life has been challenged in multiple ways and that made me have a broad understanding of culture and people, what I have learned is to love people through their hurt and that would be something I want to be remembered for -Compassion. I believe in walking humbly and having sincerity in all my dealings with any person who crosses my path. II realized that integrity and character are unbelievably important in all seasons of life that come’s our way.
5.- What’s is the main virtue that any woman must have to be an international model?
- Knowing one’s worth is so much deeper than what the eye’s perceive. It’s about the interior, because your interior dictates your exterior. Your WHY in life will always point you to purpose
- Y- You. in order to bring real change. In conclusion… I would say stay faithful to who you regardless of society, because only you have the finger prints that you as an individual can leave behind.
6.- Are you aware of being an influential woman for thousands of girls who want to be models?
- I am very attentive to this fact as I have a passion for girls. I want to encourage them to find their identity and pursue their dreams while shining the true beauty that was bestowed onto them.
How important is it to you to be an idol for many girls and teenagers?
- I believe that to whom much is given much is required. Being an influencer is a massive responsibility and a massive honour at the same time. I’m cognizant of the fact that our examples speak the loudest, and so I must remain aware that my challenges and overcoming of challenges could be the inspiration needed by a future world-changer.
7.- What was your feeling the first time you modeled in front of a video camera? What did you feel the first time at a beauty pageant?
- Overwhelmingly Joyed, Equipped, Empowered and Powerful.
8.- What do you think about the power of social media today?
- Balance I believe, such as all things in life is key to appreciation. I have experienced first-hand how detrimental social media can be… if you misuse it and allow it to. Social media is a powerful tool to share, encourage and inspire. I believe that in the era we are in Social Media plays a big part of our future, depending on how we allow it to affect our self-image. But vision is very necessary, especially during times like these.
9.- How do you like to interact with your followers on social media? What’s your favorite social network?
- I believe that true connection is important. It feels like a family in a very weird sense. I really do deem it important to connect in more ways than just superficially. I am only one human and as much as I want to speak with all my supporters, it is obviously not always possible. But by giving each supporter a glimpse of fashion, travel, adventure and life lessons is a way of sharing my experiences…and they might find they relate, or they could hopefully feel inspired or encouraged. I like to connect in a way that they feel as if they are part of my journey as a friend and mentor. I love to encourage with quotes and scripture as well as to share my thoughts pertaining to life, healing and creative entrepreneurial ideas. I use all of the digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tiktok. But my favorite social media platforms are by far Instagram and Tiktok. (Speaking of which, let’s be friends on instagram 😉).
10.- What would you advise young people who have talent but do not dare to take the next step? What would you advise parents who do not support their children’s talents?
- Because we tie our identity to that of what society say’s, we are afraid to take risks because our image may be distorted, the thing is in life you can really never fail but real failure happens when you quit rather than pursue purpose regardless the obstacles and setbacks. One has to realize that every moment and every decision in our life’s matter to bring into fruition of what we want out of life.
- Dreaming is important as it stirs your heart and destiny with hope. If you dream it, you can become it with a lot of hard work and perseverance and determination. Practice what you love. Get training. Watch and learn from the best. Believe in yourself because God believes in you. Fan the flame of your dreams and keep them fanned. Never take defeat and the end all. Keep going. You grow when you face adversity.
- For parents I would say that your child is dreaming and wanting to be something. Support them emotionally and financially (if you can). Encourage them. They are uniquely designed to do something with their talent – encourage their gifts but set boundaries of safety for them. Let them fall, make mistakes but never let them down. They need you as their biggest fan and support, as a parent you can never underestimate the power of your encouragement towards your children
11.- What important lessons have you learned from the world of fashion and beauty pageants?
- I have learned that one can truly get out of life what you put in and that the importance of valuing your own worth in the fashion world and pageantry world is key to be able to really inspire people regardless of where you come from, but rather what you choose to make with what you have coming from where you are coming from. quote by zig zagle “Success occurs where preparation and opportunity meets”
12.- Annerie, being a model for you has been easy? Were there obstacles? How did you overcome obstacles?
- Because Miss Namibia World has been my first experience in this industry, I had a lot to learn, but looking back I can gladly say that I have grown into this role in a very short period of time. I would not say this has been the easiest journey but it would be like any mountain, the climb is not always easy but it is the journey that counts and to be able to make it to the top to experience the view. Overcoming this sort of obstacle’s take’s courage in decision making because having the opportunity to participate in Miss World and be an ambassador for a nation requires a lot of perseverance and courage to continue being the change you would like to see.
13.- Have you thought about being an actress? Do you like the entertainment industry?
- I love the entertainment industry; I had the opportunity to do a course in Acting and the arts in NYC two years ago that really ignited this passion in me. It has really been a dream to become a actress and in the entertainment.
14.- Worldwide, women have acquired a greater role even though there are societies where they are still abused. What is your opinion of the role of women in the future in these societies?
- I believe that the stronger the voices of the woman around the world become, the more encouraged the abused and oppressed will be. Encouraged to find strength within themselves, like the courage they see in the woman who have acquired such great roles, Encouraged to stand against and deny the things in their life’s that do not serve them and to reject what harms them. So it is up to those fortunate enough to have escaped a life of oppression, abuse and poverty to continue to reach new height’s, breaking through every limitation- because it is though our success and our voice that we can model what is possible to all woman, no matter the circumstances.
15.- Annerie, what is your motivation and what do you feel grateful for every day?
- After my experience with covid 19 in 2020 I have gained a new respect and appreciation for oxygen and being present. I am all about leaving a legacy behind and this means touching lives with my presence requires me to be present and to be an inspiration through my own life story by being a testimony of overcoming adversaries.
16.- Annerie Do you like to travel? What countries do you know? What other countries would you like to know and which places do you recommend to visit from Namibia?
- I am a passionate traveler; you can call me a free spirit if you’d like. From a young age I always traveled with my family through Namibia, Angola and South Africa in a van, and at the age of 18 I was blessed to travel to different States in the US, Malaysia as well as Singapore. Namibia is Vast and beautiful, all destinations is a massive attraction to tourists all around the world. Lodging, wildlife and the start nights in Namibia is a must.
17.- You and me (Jaime William) are going to play ping pong, I will tell you one word and you will answer with another word that comes to your mind.
– Marriage = Unity
– Children = Future
– Love. = Misunderstood
– Namibia = Resilience and vast
– Travel. = Opportunities
– Abortion = Death
– Dance. = Freedom
– Sing. = Expression
– Europe = Royalty
– America =Influencing
– Sport = Empowerment
– Money = Two Faced
– Parent’s = Pillars
– Dreams = Hope
– Passion = Fire
– Madness Percentage = Free Spirited
– Character = Foundational
18.- Annerie, these final lines are your
- Compassion- the key to changing life’s. One’s passion changing into compassion is when life truly starts to have tangible meaning. I am so blessed to be able to have a voice internationally and would only like to expand my platform, not only in the modeling and acting industry but being a goodwill ambassador for my Nation and the World. I have started my own perfume line called Anne Fragrances and will continue with my “Our Water, My development” project where the perfume line will be a big support to focusing on food security and clean water in various communities, not only for my country but different countries around the world.
Interview conducted by Jaime William Mostacero Baca with Annerie Maré – Namibia – Central Guest – Principal – 8th Anniversary Perumira Global Talent Magazine
Annerie Maré Contact: Instagram – Whatsapp
Interview authorized in writing by Instagram – Whatsapp: Annerie Maré – Perumira – Jaime William
All Rights Reserved in the name of Annerie Maré – Perumira – Jaime William